The blue Samsung T5 Portable Solid-State Drive provides 500GB of storage capacity for notebooks, desktops, and mobile devices sporting a typical USB interface or a reversible USB Type-C port. The T5 portable SSD utilizes a Samsung MGX controller and 3-bit 3D V-NAND MLC flash technology to deliver fast read speeds of up to 540 MB/s and write speeds up to 515 MB/s. To keep up with this level of performance, USB 3.1 technology is on board and supports transfer speeds of up to 10 Gb/s. For keeping your data safe, the T5 is armed with an AES 256-bit hardware encryption engine, which helps prevent unauthorized access. Aside from protections, Samsung includes one USB Type-A to USB Type-C cable and one USB Type-C to USB Type-C cable, so you can use the T5 portable drive with your current and future gear.
- Fast Transfer Speeds
- With Samsung V-NAND flash memory and USB 3.1 technology, the T5 provides transfer speeds of up to 540 MB/s, which is up to 4.9 times faster than external HDDs. Transfers and backups of large-sized data including 4K videos and high-resolution photos will be quicker and faster.
- The T5’s top-to-bottom metal design and rounded unibody framework allow it to fit comfortably in the palm of your hand. This T5 comes in an aluminum blue finish.
- Compact and Light
- The T5 weighs 1.8 ounces (51g) with a thickness of 0.4″ (10.2mm).
- Shock Protection
- The T5 has no moving parts and a sturdy metal body, so it can handle drops of up to 6.6′ (2m).
- The optional password protection with AES 256-bit hardware encryption keeps your personal and private data secure.
Compatible with USB 3.1 Gen2 (10Gbps), backwards compatible
74 x 57.3 x 10.5 mm
Up to 540 MB/sec.
AES 256-bit hardware encryption
Password setting (Optional)
CE, BSMI, KC, VCCI, C-tick, FCC, IC, UL, TUV, CB, EAC